Pest Control/Cockroaches in vehicle

Hello and thank you for taking the time out to read and answer my question.  I really appreciate all of the experts help.

I bought a vehicle from a junkyard that sells used car.  My fiance and I know the guy who owns the yard really well, so we got the car for like 700 bucks.  Well, the car has been infested with roaches since the day we got it back in December of last year.  We have tried sprays and baits and we keep on seeing them.  We see them during the day and recently we have even seen them on the outside of the vehicle as well.  We are so desperate, we have been actually been thinking about bombing the vehicle.  We see mixed opinions when we look this up in Google.  We seen an e-how on the subject, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea, so I am asking for a experts advice in the area of specification.  I am about to get a new vehicle and this one will be the side vehicle, so we wont be driving it everyday, so we will let it sit for however long it will take.  We are really desperate to fix this and not sure where to turn, or if you are even the right person to ask.  Thank you so much again and I look forward to hearing from you very soon

Rachel Lightsey.

Ps...I really hate roaches and I am actually terrified of them...I is an irrational fear...:P

Baits are definitely better than sprays or "bombs", in fact bombs won't work well at all. Try the newer gel baits that exterminators use (see for info about these baits), they should work well in this situation.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology