Pest Control/MOLES - I Think - HELP

I have mounds all over my lawn - I believe these are mole tunnels. Some of my landscape is also just blowing away from lack of a root system.  I may have more than one critter problem.  

I bought a horrible and barbaric looking spike thing that I cannot bring myself to use to get rid of these creatures.  

After some research I found out that these guys (moles) were really after the bugs, probably grubs.  My next plan of action is to get rid of the grubs and maybe the moles, too.  

What do you think?  Will this take forever - is there a better way?

Doesn't sound like moles. Moles don't attack plant roots. You probably have pocket gophers and/or voles.

As for better way to get rid of these animals without traps, that would depend on your views of toxicants.

A vole control document

Pocket gopher control

They should answer most of your questions.  

Pest Control

Stephen Vantassel

I was a professional animal damage controller. If you are having problems with squirrels, raccoons, beavers, moles, voles, etc. damaging your property, I can help give you information to resolve that damage. I was an assistant editor for Wildlife Control Technology magazine and have published numerous articles as well as two books in this field.

Former assistant editor for Wildlife Control Technology; Master's degree in Hebrew Bible (yes I am licensed minister), Past New England Director for the National Wildlife Control Operator's Association. I have published two books, The Wildlife Removal Handbook (rev. ed) and the Wildlife Damage Inspection Handbook, and numerous articles. Perhaps a highlight was making the cover of Wildlife Control Technology. I have debated a noted animal rights activist in my own state of Massachusetts on radio and TV.