Pest Control/Pantry moths

Question
Hi Dr. DeAngelis,
I had an exterminator spray my apt with special care to the kitchen and bathrooms 4 days ago.  Everything was cleaned and there is no food in the place.  However, I am still seeing several moths flying around.

How long does it usually take for pesticide treatment to work?  
Should I be be seeing any difference in number or behavior of the moths by now?
At what point do I consider another treatment?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Sincerely,
Mary Greenfo

Greenfro@aol.com

PS I live in Los Angeles, Callifornia

Answer
Mary,

Unfortunately pesticides don't work well against meal/pantry moths. The best option is to locate the infested food and dispose of the "source". See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/mealmoth.html for more suggestions. Post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis