Pest Control/Ash boror

Question
Hi my name is Jake. I know theirs a lot of Ash trees dying out there. And my question is, Will all the Ash boror insects die out if all the ash trees die?

Thanks

Answer
Jake,

There are cases where a non-native species like the emerald ash borer completely eliminated their host then die out, at least on a regional scale. However, in this case it is more likely that the insect and its host tree will establish some sort of equilibrium, perhaps at a lower density of ash trees. It is also possible that the trees will develop resistance to the beetles over time.

Jack DeAngelis  

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis