Pest Control/Unknown Spider

Spider Size
Spider Size  

Unknown Spider
Unknown Spider  
I keep finding these spiders dead throughout the house. What kind of spider is it?

There are several species of spiders that are common in homes and all look very similar. I can't tell from these photos which spider these are and in fact spider identification often requires that the specimen be examined under magnification.If you've had the inside treated with an insecticide it would explain why you are finding dead spiders. Spider traps (see for details) are a better way to control house spiders without using chemicals.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology