Pest Control/worms

worm pic 1
worm pic 1  

worm pic 2
worm pic 2  
Can you identify this worm and tell me how it's getting in the house and how to get rid of them.  I found one in my son's crib and several in his clothes hamper.  Also several in our basement.
Thanks in advance,

This is a larva of a beetle, the likely source is stored food such as grains, cereals and so forth. I can't see enough details to id but they may be coming from food storage areas so check these first. They are not harmful but can damage the stored food.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology