Pest Control/flies

Question
I have big black slow moving flies in my house
They are in my kitchen bathrooms and in lights but are bigger then normal house flies please can you give me an idea of why they are here and what they are attracted to so if I need to get rid of something in here I will do what ever it takes they are very annoying

Answer
Dear Shari,

A couple of different flies come to mind when you say they are bigger than house flies, you're probably dealing with either blow flies or flesh flies. In either case, they are typically attracted to dead, rotting materials or excrement. They lay their eggs or larvae on the feeding/breeding resource and die soon afterward.   

You don't say how long the problem has existed so I don't know how much longer you'll have to deal with them, just as soon as the material they are exploiting is depleted, they'll be gone. You can speed up their departure by locating and disposing of the source material as soon as possible.

Why don't you call a couple or so of pest control companies to come out and tell you what they are. Again, once you've thrown away whatever it is that they are breeding in, there is no need for any insecticides to be used in your home. So, if they want to "spray" something - don't let 'em.

Hope this helps,

George  

Pest Control

George E Serdes