Pest Control/Bugs in house

Question
Larvae
Larvae  
Small brown bug
Small brown bug  
QUESTION: Hello. I recently have had a problem in my house with tiny brown bugs. They seem like fleas but do not bite. I also found some larvae that are brown and white striped and fuzzy. I can't seem to find descriptions to id them. Is it possible I have 2 different problems? There are a ton of the little brown bugs but only a few of the larvae so far. They have been tucked away in piles of clothes (in storage) where as the little brown ones roam around my floor/carpet and sometimes even my tub or cabinets. I will attach an image of each.

ANSWER: Kris,

The larva is a carpet beetle larva, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for a description and picture of the adults. The "small brown bug" is not an adult carpet beetle but I can't see enough details to id. Can you get a closer photo?

Jack DeAngelis

Close up on finger
Close up on finger  

Further away shape
Further away shape  
QUESTION: Well luckily I am having trouble finding new bugs to photo.... I am attaching 2 photos that are the best I can't get. The bugs are so very small that it is hard to get a close enough picture.

Answer
Looks like a beetle but I still can't see much detail. It is not a flea, however. If you are seeing more than a few it may be one of the beetles that infest grains or dry foods. Check areas where food (including dry pet food) is stored, look for a container that is infested. If found discard all infested food then clean thoroughly with a vacuum. If necessary treat cracks, crevices and surfaces with a botanical insecticide that is approved for this use such as EcoPCO WP-X, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/botanical_insecticide.html.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis