Pest Control/Bugs in house

Hello. I recently have had a problem in my house with tiny brown bugs. They seem like fleas but do not bite. I also found some larvae that are brown and white striped and fuzzy. I can't seem to find descriptions to id them. Is it possible I have 2 different problems? There are a ton of the little brown bugs but only a few of the larvae so far. They have been tucked away in piles of clothes (in storage) where as the little brown ones roam around my floor/carpet and sometimes even my tub or cabinets. I will attach an image of each.

I don't see any photos but from your description these sound like carpet beetles (adults and larvae). Take a look at this page for photos to compare. Post a follow-up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology