Pest Control/Bedbug bites.

QUESTION: I wakeup in the morning with bedbug bites.How can I get rid of them?Thank you!

ANSWER: Randy,

Bed bug control is not hard if the infestation is caught early, see for id and control info. Post a follow-up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

QUESTION: Is Hotshot spray effective?Thanks!

Here's a list of sprays and dusts that should be effective for bed bugs, Steam cleaning can also be effective. Be sure to check the labels carefully because state regulations can vary.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology