Pest Control/insecticide

malathion is mainly used for which insect mouthparts sucking type or chewing type??

Dear Kamran,

Malathion is used for a wide variety of insects - [e.g., it can be used against insects such as scale and mosquitoes (piercing-sucking) or cockroaches and beetles (chewing)].

Kamran, if you ever have questions about the type of insects controlled by an insecticide, just find a copy of the label on the internet and it will list the species of the pests it is designed to kill or control.

Hope this helps -

Pest Control

George E Serdes

My knowledge is in the areas of structural insect or rodent pest problems. I do not know enough about lawn and garden pests to be of any help there...

I've retired from the pest control industry in Central Florida. I spent 15 years in all areas of the industry (sales, night technician, integrated pest management specialist, service manager, and branch manager for both National and local companies.

Formerly sat on the Florida Pest Management Association's Board of Directors (Region IV)

Retired Florida State Certified Pest Control Operator -