Pest Control/cockroaches

Hello, we just had some cockroaches in our house via a package that was shipped to us. It was a box of plates that I took out of the shipping box and left in the laundry room for a few days (the plates were broken and I was finding out how to ship them back). After finding 2 in the house and 1 dead one in the box, we put all the boxes in a garbage bag outside. What are my chances of getting an infestation from these few we found? I have already set out a few traps to be on the safe side but spraying is not an option with my 2 small children. I am pretty paranoid about bugs, just wondering if I should be worried or not. Thank you!

Hi Amy, I would maybe get an over the counter cockroach bait station and place thru out the space were you placed the box. Just for maintenance and peace of mind. I will tell you cockroaches are great hitch hikers and love boxes to harbor in. monitor your space and if you see several more call a licensed pest control operator in your area.

Pest Control

Steve Oswalt

My Pest Control and Nuisance Wildlife Removal experience is in Residential, Commercial, Public Housing, Multiple Story Hi Rises, Agricultural facilities. My company is located in Lewisburg, Ohio and our Web sites are

20 years in Pest Control and Nuisance Wildlife Removal business were we provide exclusion services for pest control and nuisance wildlife along with latrine and gauno cleanup.

National Wildlife Control Operators Association's, Bed Bug Professional Group, Pest Management Professional Network, Wildlife Professionals Network, Rodent Management Network

Licensed and Certified in Ohio with the Department of Agriculture and Ohio Division of Wildlife as a Nuisance Wildlife Operator.

Commercial Kitchens, Pre-Schools, librarys, Banks, Post offices, Urgent care, Fire houses, Kennels, Veterinarian offices, grocerys, nursing homes.