Pest Control/Mystery bugs in bedroom!!

More bugs
More bugs  
Dear Sir:

I hope that this note finds you well. I was wondering if you could help identify the bugs I have found in my bedroom, near my bed, and advise on how I can get rid of them.

I've attached two pictures, with a dime for size reference. They were both taken on my windowsill by my bed. I had come back from seeing family for 2 weeks, and the person I had living in my place to take card of my cats accused me of having bedbugs and not telling him. !!! So I am wondering what these bugs are (not bedbugs I hope!!! I was not sure what bedbug larvae looked like in terms of size!!)

Relevant info: 1) I have 2 cats that shed a lot, 2) I woke with a few bites on my shin recently - I thought they might be fleas, bc they're not mosquitoes - and I looked online and they don't match bedbug bite images, and 3) we've had a long run of gross heat & humidity here in Philadelphia, recently.

Thank you for your time!

These are not bed bugs but the images are a bit too small to be certain of an exact id. They look like carpet beetle larvae, especially the image marked "Bugs". See for a close-up picture of these larvae. Post a follow up if you can get a closer picture or confirm the id.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology