Pest Control/Mole Elimenation

Question
I have a mole issue here in the sandy soils of NE Texas. Their burrows are quit visible. This is our second home so I'm not always here to tend traps. Here's my idea/solution...maybe ??  I'd like to water the lawn as usual, then FORCE an enriched concentrated mixture of air and ammonia into the tunnel system for however long it takes, so that the  moles are either suffocated and/or they come to the surface for a breath of air and extermination by me. Patience is the name of the game here.  I have a method  of mixing the ammonia (or Bromethalin or Zinc Phosphine) and air then forcing the air mixture into the tunnels. This mixture can easily be changed to any chemical necessary. The system is simple, easy to use, adaptable to different types of chemicals (liquid or granules), very portable and requires minimal digging. I'd love to hear your opinion. I think there are only 2 to 4 moles doing the damage. Thanks for your time, Chuck

Answer
Your solution sounds rather dangerous and illegal. Off label use of pesticides is a serious violation of FIFRA.

I would also suggest that the cost of hiring someone to control the moles (when you aren't around) would be cheaper than to try your homemade technique.

Traps are what I recommend, provided the devices are still legal in your respective state. Note that the brilliant citizens of MA and WA banned mole traps. Otherwise, you are stuck with toxicants like Talpirid.

Details on mole control can be had be googling  "mole control stephen vantassel"  

Pest Control

Stephen Vantassel