Pest Control/Is this a bedbug?

bed bug?
bed bug?  
I have found this small brown bug in my bedroom. I am not sure is you are able to see this close enough but it has some blackish and white stripes. I am quite freaked out that there are bed bugs in my bedroom ... I haven't been able to identify them online, so was wandering if you would be able to. Any advice on how to get rid of them?

No, this is a carpet beetle. For comparison, this is a bed bug See for id and control of carpet beetles (they are several species that look different).

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology