Pest Control/termites

Question
Last year termites swarmed in my downstairs bathroom and I called the extermination company for treatment. After treatment on the outside soil directly opposite of the bathroom window where they emerged, subsequent smaller swarms appeared and after a while it ceased. There were no other signs so I thought the issue was resolved but renewed my contract just in case. Today I went to the same bathroom after several days of rain and found termite swarmed all over the floor again except there were much more this time then last year. Should I consider this infestation is inside the house? Our house is slab on concrete so we have no basement. It would be great if you could give us some insight. Thank you.

Answer
Dear "sound won",

Yes, the termites are feeding on your house. Whatever material (chemical) that was used last year didn't work. Your description sounds as though the company you employed only did some kind of "spot" treatment. And, without knowing the product used, I can't speak to the efficacy of their work.

Since you are under contract, they'll come back out and retreat, but I would tell them you want them to use "Termidor" this time. Pay more if they require it, but because it is the best thing on the market to use, it's worth it. Especially if they are only going to do spot treatments.

Hope this helps,

George  

Pest Control

George E Serdes