Pest Control/Bed Bugs?

Box spring
Box spring  

Box spring
Box spring  

I recently found out I had carpet beetles and found them in my spring mattress. I was paranoid because recently I found out the movie theater I go to has bed bugs. I ended spraying a pesticide on the bottom of the box spring. When looking at it today I say red spots on them and I automatically thought of bed bugs, I haven't seen any, I haven't been bit, and these markings are not on my mattress. Do you think these stains on my box spring are early signs of a bed bug problem? The black in the picture are pieces of tarp that were attached to the box spring.

Hi Melissa, I would safely say those are not from Bedbugs however I would invest in Bedbug proof mattress covers for both the mattress and box springs. By covering both infestation does not take over the inside of the mattress and you do not see them. By using covers any bug cannot penetrate inside of mattress.

Pest Control

Steve Oswalt

My Pest Control and Nuisance Wildlife Removal experience is in Residential, Commercial, Public Housing, Multiple Story Hi Rises, Agricultural facilities. My company is located in Lewisburg, Ohio and our Web sites are

20 years in Pest Control and Nuisance Wildlife Removal business were we provide exclusion services for pest control and nuisance wildlife along with latrine and gauno cleanup.

National Wildlife Control Operators Association's, Bed Bug Professional Group, Pest Management Professional Network, Wildlife Professionals Network, Rodent Management Network

Licensed and Certified in Ohio with the Department of Agriculture and Ohio Division of Wildlife as a Nuisance Wildlife Operator.

Commercial Kitchens, Pre-Schools, librarys, Banks, Post offices, Urgent care, Fire houses, Kennels, Veterinarian offices, grocerys, nursing homes.