Pest Control/bug identification question.

this is what I saw
this is what I saw  
I found this bug crawling on my pillow case. I am not sure what kind of bug it is and im hoping it is not a bedbug. Can you please help me identify what this is thanks.

Not a bed bug. This is a carpet beetle, see for id and control info about these beetles. Nowadays carpet beetle adults and larvae generally infest dry foods of some type such as cookies or dry pet food but also damage animal-based fibers. See the page cited above for a more complete list.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology