Pest Control/bed bugs

found in bed
found in bed  
Is this a bed bug? I've found three in almost two weeks and am becoming concerned.

No, this is are carpet beetle. See for a bed bug, notice color and shape, and for one of the carpet beetles. Your beetle looks slightly different but it is related.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology