Pests/Found in kitchen

Side View
Side View  

top view
top view  

Hope you can help, I have had opinions and done some research myself and I've concluded maybe it is some type of roach, but not exactly sure what type and wanted an experts opinion. I found it on my kitchen floor and this is just an exoskeleton of the bug, not the actual bug. It was about the size of a dime. What do you think? Thanks a lot.

Yes this is a cockroach . It is an immature adult more than likely a German or a brown-banded cockroach. Here is a web site that gives you more then you really want to know about cockroaches.

I use here in the south a combination of Home defense do it yourself insect spray and Bengals Roach spray. Something like Ortho® Home Defense MAX® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter spray all along the baseboards in the room inside and then all along the outside of the house near the ground. Walmart also has this product.  

Then treat around the baseboards in the kitchen and behind the appliances with Bengals roach spray.

This combination work here in the South where we have many roaches.

OR you can call a pest control operator and have them spray. In any case the roaches can be controlled.  

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

29 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator

Expert in Forestry and insect and dieases of trees.