Pests/nighttime pest

We notice this is at night.  loud gnawing and loud movement  under house.  Sounds like the animal will eat thru the floor any minute.  too loud for raccoon
The house is not on a slab and is raised with lattice around bottom

Home in a neighborhood but we are next to undeveloped woods.

Your first step  is to inspect around the foundation looking for holes. In your case gnaw marks and smudges.  Measure them. Rats need an inch. Raccoons need 4 inches.
You provided precious little information. Unfortunately sound is like pain. It says there is a problem not what the problem is.

Stephen Vantassel

I was a professional animal damage controller. If you are having problems with squirrels, raccoons, beavers, moles, voles, etc. damaging your property, I can help give you information to resolve that damage. I was an assistant editor for Wildlife Control Technology magazine and have published numerous articles as well as two books in this field.

former Assistant Editor of Wildlife Control Technology magazine, the nation's only exclusive professional magazine for animal damage controllers. I have published two books, the Wildlife Removal Handbook and the Wildlife Damage Inspection Handbook.