Pests/Unknown bug

Question
Unknown bug
Unknown bug  
Hello Mr. DeAngelis. I saw this bug in my bedroom at 11pm today. (Also, several weeks ago I woke up to one crawling on my bed.) I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of bug it is. 13 years in this house and I've never seen anything like it before. Why is it showing up during this time of the year and is there any way to keep its friends "away"? I'm located in NE Ohio. Thank you so much.

Answer
Christina,

This is a brown marmorated stink bug, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/brown_marmorated_stinkbug.html for another picture. They are harmless and probably came indoors last fall. Also, see the page above for ways to keep them out.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis