Pests/Tiny tan bugs on RV

Tiny tan bugs
Tiny tan bugs  
Hi, I am hoping you can help me identify some tiny white/tan bugs that I found all over my RV.  I've taken a picture so you can get an idea.  There are hundreds of these crawling all over my RV and I don't know where they're from.  I'm concerned they might be an indicator of mold or water issue.  They are very tiny - pinhead - and they seem to crawl, but may fly or jump.  They appear to have 6 legs, two antenna, a long torso and a black pointed end.  Any insight into what type of bug this is and what attracts them would be greatly appreciated.  I live in the Sacramento area.  We recently had some rain, its in the 70's with humidity in the mid-40's.

This is a thrips, see for another picture. They feed on plants and are attracted to certain colors like blue. They are completely harmless and do not indicate a problem with mold. These are probably coming out of nearby agricultural fields or orchards.

Jack DeAngelis

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects such as aphids and spider mites, insects that bite and sting such as ticks and wasps, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see Fine Gardening magazine

Ph.D. in Entomology (the study of insects)