Pests/need help identifying this creature

Question
creature
creature  
I found this creature moving at great speed only sheet in my bed. What is it? Is it connected to the many itchy bites I have on my legs? I checked my whokebed and this is the only thing I found.  I live right outside DC in Virginia. Thank you!

Answer
Jessica,

This is a carpet beetle (dermestid) larva, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for more pictures. There are several species that are common in homes. They do not bite but some people can have an allergic-type reaction to their long hairs. Check around the bed for spilled food that might be infested.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis