Pests/Tiny brown bugs

Question
gross bug
gross bug  
QUESTION: I was sweeping under my fridge and I came across these little bugs. I then saw them in my silverware drawer. I know they are not fleas due to what they look like and they dont jump. I was wondering if you could help me figure out what it is.

ANSWER: Julia,

The image is to blurry to be certain but from your description these may be carpet beetle larvae, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for pictures of the larvae and adult beetles. If you can get a clearer image I'd be glad to take another look. See the page above for info about these beetles and post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

QUESTION: I ended up pulling my fridge up and found a bunch of these bugs they have a weird worm like larva. I unfortunately could not get a better picture. How do  I prevent taking these with me when I move?

Answer
Julia,

There's no danger of transporting these while moving. They only occur if there is spilled/stored food that they can get to. I suspect there was spilled food such as dry dog food under the fridge and this led to the infestation.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis