Pests/Tiny brown bugs

Question
Brown bug
Brown bug  
Hello,
I was cleaning out my closet and I saw very tiny shells of what seemed
To be a small bug but never saw one that was alive....I was so
Grossed out and cleaned every area and didn't see anymore. Recently I was cleaning my guest room and found them in the bed, inside books, anywhere that they could hide and found a few alive.....they are very small maybe 1/8 of an inch or less, brown, seem to have a little tail and are brownish red. They move very slowly!
I am so grossed out and want to know what they are! Thank you!

Answer
Alessia,

The image is too blurry to be certain but this looks like the larva of a carpet beetle, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for another picture. These beetles infest stored foods like dry pet foods or cereals. They are otherwise harmless but may indicate an infestation in spilled or stored food. See the page cited above for more control info.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis