Pests/Pile of Scat in my basement

Question
Hello,
I just found a pile of scat in my basement. when I say a pile, A PILE! whatever critter this is, its going in the same spot. I lived with someone who had ferrets and it is very similar in size, shape and color. I live in the Pocono Mtns, PA. is it a weasel? Mink? I will need advice on how to lure it into a have a heart trap. if you would give me your expertise and insight on this I would appreciate it.

Answer
The first task is to determine what it is. Unfortunately, you didn't describe the scat. You can visit http://icwdm.org and read how to describe the scat in a manner so that the diagnostic clues will be revealed.

Once identified, read the literature on the site for control.  

Pests

Stephen Vantassel