Pests/small bug all over my patio and plants

Question
white bug 2
white bug 2  
White bug
White bug  
QUESTION: Hi,

I have a quick question regarding a bug (tons of them actually)
I have a lot on my table and chairs outside, and saw them also in my plants. I saw 2-3 that was more grey/black and I thought they were jumping spiders, or scorpion-spiders are their behing is a little up high... but the next day, I saw dozen of the same shaped bugs, but white ones.

They jump, they're fast and it also seemed to hurt when they bite (maybe I'm been paranoid but eh) they are not bigger than 3-mm.
What are those? and how can I get rid of them?

Thanks!

ANSWER: Jennifer,

Sorry but I can't see enough detail to id. Can you get a another picture? It would help to place it against a lighter background so the bug is not over-exposed. Are there tree branches that over-hang this area?

Jack DeAngelis

Bug 3
Bug 3  

Bug 4
Bug 4  
QUESTION: Hello there,

Yes there are branches above the table. They are not as white as i thought. These pictures were hard to take as it jumped and i'm scared it is some sort of flea.

I really hope you'll be able to tell me what it is or at least have some ideas!
So i can know how to deal with it or let them be.

Thanks!

Answer
As I suspected these are planthoppers and they are falling off the trees. They are harmless, true bugs that feed on plants. You can google "planthoppers" for more info but I would just ignore them until they go away in a few days or weeks. They can be washed off the deck with water.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis