Pests/Tiny indoor bug

Question
Bug1
Bug1  

Bug2
Bug2  
I live in Manitoba, Canada. I recently moved to a new apartment. I have found about ten of these little bugs in the last week or so. The first one I found in the bathroom and since then I've been funding them in the kitchen area. They are very small no more than 2 millimeters. They're a dark brownish color. I've searched all kinds of images in the web and haven't been able to find one the same. My fear was that it was a small cockroach, but they just don't look anything like the pictures I've seen. Any help you can give would be great. Thanks!

Answer
Rita,

This looks like a springtail, not a small cockroach. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/springtails.html for a close-up picture. These tiny insects are harmless but often enter homes when it is either very dry or very wet outside. No treatment is needed.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis