Pests/Weird bugs

Hi jack,
My name is Jacob and I am 17 and from Ireland.

A couple of weeks ago I had found one bug in my bedroom. It was light great and really slim and walked really fast along the floor. I killed it and got ride of it.

Three days ago I was laying on my bed when I felt a sudden shard pain on the inside of my arm and when I looked the same bug just larger was just hanging out of my skin.

Tonight I found this big in a black large form with two smaller baby ones.

I have no idea what they could be but if they are biting me then I would like to know it's safe and try get rid of ot.

The bus is small and black/grey and it's very narrow and long in a teardrop shape.

It has also been eating other insects.

Can you please identify the big and tell me how to get rid of them.

Jacob Downey.

This is a silverfish or firebrat, see for pictures. These insects don't bite. Check the page cited above for ways to control them. I don't know what might have bitten you but if you can get a picture I'd be glad to take a look.

Jack DeAngelis

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects such as aphids and spider mites, insects that bite and sting such as ticks and wasps, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see Fine Gardening magazine

Ph.D. in Entomology (the study of insects)