Pests/pests

Question
bug
bug  
Dear Jack , i planted many plants in my garden ,rosemary, pomegranate tree , they are all not growing, then they die, after removing the plant i noticed that there is a bug eating the roots and the area where the stem and the roots connect , i'll attach a photo of the bug , can you tell me what is its name and how can i get red of it ...

Answer
Rasha,

These are termites (see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/termite.html for pictures to compare). These insects don't harm living plants but eat wood and dead plant material. The termites are eating the dead plants but the plants died for some other reason. Usually when a variety of unrelated garden plants die like this it is either a nutrient problem or irrigation problem (too much or too little water).

Jack DeAngelis  

Pests

Jack DeAngelis