Pests/Insect in my house

Question
Insect
Insect  
Just moved into my new house in Staten Island New York few months ago. Have seen a few insects here I haven't ever seen. Found this one in my ceiling in the bathroom. It seemed to have been dead already when I found it. Can you tell what kind of insect it is? It's very small as you can tell from the pencil point in the photos.

Answer
Nick,

This is a beetle, possibly one of the carpet beetles (the specimen appears to have been dead for some time and the characters are not distinct). See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for some general info about these beetles.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis