Pests/Bug Identification

Question
Bug found in a condo apartment
Bug found in a condo a  
Enquiring from Singapore in Southeast Asia. Can you help me identify this bug in found in my bedroom? Singapore is a highly urbanised city located almost at the equator but it is quite green compared to many cities in Asia because of the national endeavour to make this a garden city since 1965. It is also a city very well connected to the world. Hence, we do have our fair shares of bugs and pests like all other cities.

Answer
Richard,

This is a true bug (Hemiptera). It is an immature so a lot of the usual identifying characters are not yet developed. However, given its size and the shape of the head it could be a Reduviidae, or assassin bug. As adults these bugs can inflict a painful bite but this one is too small to pierce human skin.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis