Pests/Buttercup pests

Question
White bugs
White bugs  

Brown bug
Brown bug  
I have 2 beautiful, full grown plants.  (Buttercup..Boton de oro.)

I just spotted these white bugs on them.  There are quite a few of them on both plants. There is also a brown bug of some sort that has long legs and a white strip across it's back.

See photos attached.  What are these and what can I use to rid my plants of them?  There is some chewy.

Answer
Mary,

The image marked "white bug" is a beetle, possibly a root weevil, but I don't recognize the species. Can you post a picture of the damage as this is sometimes diagnostic? The "brown bug" is a leaf-footed bug (Hemiptera), see http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74168.html for some pictures.

Jack DeAngelis

Pests

Jack DeAngelis