Pests/Bugs in my house. Please help.

Question
Bug
Bug  

Bug 2
Bug 2  
Hi! I was wondering if you could identify this bug? We have found quiet a few in our house in the living room, kitchen, and some in the bed rooms. Is this a bed bug? I can't find anything in the bed. Please help. I am in central eastern Michigan.

Answer
Krystyna,

Not a bed bug, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/bed_bug.html for comparison. This is a weevil (beetle) probably one of the grain weevils. Since these weevils infest grains like corn or rice they are often found in areas where these grains are stored. Also, dry corn and rice are sometimes used to fill "bean bags" used in bean bag toss games so be sure to check these if you have any. The weevils are harmless except for the damage they do to stored grain. Cleaning and discarding infested products is the best control.

Jack DeAngelis  

Pests

Jack DeAngelis