Pests/unknown mite

dear sir
I am very familiar with spider-mites but this is one I have never seen before..under the scope it looks like a spider-mite egg but the egg has very long skinny legs extruding out of the apparent egg..some have 5 legs and some 8 legs..they do not move and seem to be attached under the leaves but have found a few on top of the leaves as well..a small leaf has hundreds of them, some piled on top of one sort of looks like a microscopic daddy long legs spider except amber white..
I placed an eggplant leaf in a jar and after a week there was no movement under the scope but I did find a few that had grown and could make out 2 eyes and starting to developed a body from the egg but still with the same long skinny legs..I've tried horticultural oil and avid but they are still there..
I wish I could see some movement but there is really has me stumped and hoping you can help..
thank you..
sorry but I have no image..

I'm sorry but this description does not match anything I'm familiar with, a photo would help. If a photo is not possible tell my where you are (city/state) and I may be able to suggest somewhere close that you can take a sample.

The closest entomology department is UC Davis ( or you can try contact your county Extension office (I'm not sure where your county seat is). Good luck. UC Davis is excellent, you may be able to send them a sample.

Jack DeAngelis

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects such as aphids and spider mites, insects that bite and sting such as ticks and wasps, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see Fine Gardening magazine

Ph.D. in Entomology (the study of insects)