Pests/Black beetles like bugs in the kitchen and bathrooms

Question
Black bug
Black bug  

Black bug
Black bug  
Hi, we have recently been having a lot of trouble with a black bugs crawling across the kitchen floors, on the cupboards and in the bathrooms. I have deep cleaned the kitchen with hopes of finding where they were coming from. They were not in any of the food or in the cupboards.

Answer
Anna,

This is a weevil (beetle), specifically a grain weevil. Larvae develop in grains such as corn, wheat or rice so check areas where these grains are stored. Also, these grains are sometimes used to fill "bean" bags used in certain outdoor games so check these if you have any. Once you locate and dispose of the source then clean and treat cracks and crevices with a botanical insecticide (http://www.livingwithbugs.com/botanical_insecticide.html) that is approved for use in food storage areas.

Jack DeAngelis  

Pests

Jack DeAngelis