Pet Rats/Found a wild rat with believed broken back/hind legs

Irene wrote at 2012-10-24 00:31:56
That poor little rattie.  I didn't want to say it, but it is a very bad sign when a rat stops eating or drinking.  It often means they are on the brink of death.  Even rats that are ill will continue to eat and drink, so I was afraid that she would pass.  I once found a baby wild rat alone in a bucket in my yard and tried to feed her and give water and she wouldn't take anything...she also died within hours.  If your rat was a mixed coloring of brownish/grayish/tannish color (called Agouti), she was likely a wild rat.  You have a huge heart to take her in and try to help her...I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Pet Rats

Irene Murphy