Pet Rats/Fancy rat breeding question

I am a local rat breeder working with registered breeders in South Africa. We have a Slate blue female rat which is 8 months old,and se is paired up with a black hooded carrying blue genes. She was with him on her first heat cycle and then we removed him. But 4 days later she came back in heat again and we put her with him again. And today is the fourth day since her second heat cycle and she did not came in heat the whole morning and afternoon.I am going to check tonight between 6-8 to see if she comes back in heat again. Is there a chance that she will have babies or is one of them infertile? As I said she didnt come in heat yet,is there a chance?

Hi Ruan,

Because I do not breed, I am going to put this question out to a forum of 600 rat owners, many of whom are breeders. I will update this with answers when I get them. You will get notices saying the answer has been updated.

Pet Rats

Natasha Millikan

Consider me a sub, when no one else is available. NOTE YOU MUST NOT HAVE ONLY ONE RAT. JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP (because there are smarter people than me there!!): ***** ***** Excellent sites: **** **** **** **** **** ****

I have had rats for 3-1/3 years and have researched them extensively. I am a mouse expert with 40 years' experience with mice. The two species are similar and yet also quite different.

My Facebook group is Rats (and Mice) are Awesome.

I have a Bachelor's and two Master's degrees in Linguistics

I am honored that my rats love me!

My Facebook group, Rats are Awesome, serves at the moment 5300 members, and, considering all the huge rescues, probably averages 5 rats per member. That means my clients are about 25,000 rats!!!