Pet Rats/Pituitary tumor continued

Question
Hi Debbie

Couldn't respond again on that question

I made a mistake, it's not tetracycline, it's Tylosin 0.05 soluble powder. The recommended dose one the bottle is 1/2 level teaspoon to 1 litre of water.

Do you have any suggestions for how I should go about speaking to the vet regarding getting more prednisolone? I have enough for about two weeks but no more than that.

Thanks,
Sam

Answer
Oh, Tylosin is not so good.  Since you have to get more pred from the vet anyway, ask for some amoxicillin, doxycycline or Baytril instead.

You could refer your vet to the info about pituitary tumors on my website at www.ratfanclub.org on the Rat Info page, and if he or she has any questions, they can email me. I have used pred for treating pt in rats for about 20 years. Hopefully your vet will respect my experience.
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun