Pet Rats/I NEED HELP

Karen wrote at 2015-06-26 19:31:24
I have three rats at my grandmothers, owned by my siblings and me. Mine was terrified at first, too. She's a black&white small rat I named Poppy.

Rats are very social critters. They love to play with friends and humans. My sister's rat, Allie, is very adventuresome, and loves to go off exploring in hard-to-reach places. My brother's rat, Bubba, took after Allie a bit, but prefers burrowing inside your shirt.

I would suggest getting him a playmate. They can get lonely, and loneliness can make them stressed. Sometimes because of that stress, they'll secrete a red mucus from their eyes.

Don't forget to feed him tasty treats such as corn and watermelon, and take him out to play often. Let him sit on your lap and run around a bit.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Pet Rats

Irene Murphy