Pet Rats/follow up on 2 year old rat "nena"

Question
hi debbie

how are you. i stopped the antifungal treatment like you advice me, that same night she seems to improve, and stop feeling cold on the her tail and paws. but these 2 past days i have notice her too depressed, she only wants to lay down, doesnt run or play anymore; her breathing today is heavy, you can see her chest expand and contract with much effort and started to make like a clicking sound trough her nose while she breathes. i havent give her the amoxicilyn, i was actually looking for it, here in mexico you cant get antibiotics without prescription. i have it now, its 500mg, im using you instructions from last answer. but i would like to know, the heavy breathing and the noises while she breathe its infection or sympotms that could go away with the medication?

i hate to see her sick, it would be comforting to know if you have seen this before and its a common illness or its something worst.

althought im still getting her to a exotic vet i found here on monday.

thank you debbie

Answer
Hi Saul,
You need to get her on the amoxicillin immediately!!! That will most likely clear up her symptoms.  The most likely has pneumonia, and yes, it is very common, and too bad you didn't get her on it sooner. I am surprised that you said you can't get it without a prescription, because I personally have bought it in Mexico at a pharmacy that wrote a prescription for it right there.
Deb  

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun