Pet Rats/Gassy rat?

Question
My boy is almost 5 months old now, and as of late he's been...gassy. At first I thought it was chocolate that caused it (It's one of his favorite treats and I give him some probably far too often than i should) so I stopped giving him that. But it hasn't stopped, and now I'm wondering if it's his food?

When he was little we fed him Oxbow Essentials for baby rats, and I've since upped him to Oxbow Regal Rat. He was perfectly fine with the baby rat food, but now I'm wondering if it's the Regal Rat. Should I change his diet? If so, what to? Am I over looking something?

Answer
Nicole-

Too many vegetables can cause gas such as asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower. Are these foods that are common in your rat's diet?

Rats usually handle new foods well so I doubt that the change in Oxbow formulas has anything to do with it. I would continue feeding him the Oxbow Regal Rat- its the best diet formulated for rats.

I hope that helps!  

Pet Rats

Shawna Laufer