Pet Rats/rat URI

my pry rat had an upper respiratory infection I can't drive I had surgery on my foot to get her to a vet is over an hour away plus its 50 bucks plus medicine and I don't have that money right now. And I can't get anyone to just tell me a little bit of antibiotic to help her um I am feeding her with an eyedropper some baby food and water and she is taking it really good I have her wrapped up in a blanket keeping her warm and I read rapt can take him an antibiotic what kind of antibiotics can they take for this I have a amoxicillin 500 mg left over im scared to do anything but I don't want her to die.

Dear Michelle,

I would put the rat on either amoxicillin and doxycycline or amoxicillin and baytril. So at this point it depends on what you can get in your aquarium shop.

Here are examples:

Get what you can, tell me what form you get it in (capsules or pouches are the best), what strength it is, and I will help you dose all of them.

And I won't take as long. I really, really apologize for the delay. I have a head injury and sometimes it just knocks me out or makes me think fuzzy. I will give you dosages asap after you let me know what you can get.

Best of luck and health to ratty,

Pet Rats

Natasha Millikan

Consider me a sub, when no one else is available. NOTE YOU MUST NOT HAVE ONLY ONE RAT. JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP (because there are smarter people than me there!!): ***** ***** Excellent sites: **** **** **** **** **** ****

I have had rats for 3-1/3 years and have researched them extensively. I am a mouse expert with 40 years' experience with mice. The two species are similar and yet also quite different.

My Facebook group is Rats (and Mice) are Awesome.

I have a Bachelor's and two Master's degrees in Linguistics

I am honored that my rats love me!

My Facebook group, Rats are Awesome, serves at the moment 5300 members, and, considering all the huge rescues, probably averages 5 rats per member. That means my clients are about 25,000 rats!!!