Pet Rats/Bump on rats cheek?

ratkate wrote at 2013-09-23 07:53:54
Please, this is happening to my rat too. I just noticed the lump today and it's huge (maybe the size of an acorn). The lump feels attached, but it is right against his face and very large so I can't really tell. I don't notice any abnormality in skin color, but he has fur unlike the one mentioned above. Like her though, I do not have money to see a vet. I am so concerned about my little friend, he means a lot to me.

Thank you.

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun

I can answer any questions about pet rats, but you will probably be able find answers to simple questions more quickly on my website at If you have a life-threatening emergency you can try calling me at 530-899-0605. I am not usually on the computer on the weekend.

I have been "The Rat Lady" since 1985 and am recognized as one of the world's experts on pet rats. I have 3 published books and already answer lots of questions about rats daily.

President of Rat Assistance & Teaching Society

I am a monthly columnist for Pet Business magazine, and my writing has appeared in other magazines. I have 3 published books.

BA in Animal Behavior