Pet Rats/Hairless rat bump on cheek.

Question
Hi. I just recently asked you about a bump on my hairless rats cheek.

I got home today, & the bump it larger. Looks dark in the center & he bleeding from the inside of his mouth! :|

Not sure what to do as its 430 pm. On Friday.

Answer
Hi Layne,
Actually, this might be a good sign.  It means it is probably just an abscess and is starting to open. I'm not sure about the blood in the mouth, but maybe he just bit the inside of his cheek. I don't remember if I referred you to the article about abscesses on my website but you should go read it so you know what to expect. www.ratfanclub.org on the Rat Info page.
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun