Pet Rats/Patches, My rat.

Question
Hi Dr Ducommun, I have a pet rat called Patches. I was wondering as Patches currently has a tumor under her right arm if there is anything or anyone I could bring her to. The problem is that I live in London, United Kingdom.

Is there anything you can do to help me?
Thank you, Alan.

Answer
Hi Alan,
Patches probably has a benign mammary tumor, which can be surgically removed. You'll find a list of vets on my website at www.ratfanclub.org on the Rat Info page, although I don't think there are too many in the UK listed. You'll also find an article about how to find a good rat vet.
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun