Pet Rats/Possible prolapse???

Question
I have a 2 year old female that I recently noticed a dime sized (in width) blister looking like thing on her vagina. I don't know how to describe it but there is some blood on it. It kind of looks like her vagina has turned inside out. I did a lot of internet research and found this wonderful site. After reading a conversation between another expert and a lady about something similar, I started researching prolapses. My little girl does not seem to be bothered by it much. She cleans it a lot and her cage mates even help her clean it. After reading the conversation I read on this site it said that spaying her would fix the problem. I contacted a vet in my area who surprisingly does treat rats. (There are only a couple in my area). The vet still has not called me back. I have left 3 messages. And the other vet wants $300 just to look at her, that includes no treatment! I recently spent a month in the hospital for respiratory issues so $300 is too much right now. What can I do? I feel so helpless and just want to get her better. She is still eating, drinking, and playing with the others. Any advice would be appreciated. The vet I left the messages with said they would spay her for $100. That I can do. But they said if she has a prolapse it is more complicated than that and would get much more pricy. Thats why I'm waiting to hear back from the vet himself. (Although the vet told his staff to tell me that). Again I read that if its a uterine prolapse, spaying would take care of it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been cleaning her with an antiseptic.

Thanks so much,
Carmen

Answer
Hi Carmen, it appears you asked me the same question in two separate posts to this site and I have just responded to the first one with some detail.  Depending on where you live, the cost of a spay could vary.  I've heard anywhere from $100 to $350.  My vet charges $300...I live in an area that tends to be pricy for everything.

Spaying is the only answer to resolve this, but as I said in my previous response, it is critical to have a very experienced vet.

As for your financial situation, many vets (including mine) will work with you if you explain your situation, for example giving you a payment plan.  If your vet won't do that, again I can help you find another one.

Pet Rats

Irene Murphy