Pet Rats/Neutering

Question
QUESTION: Hi!

I'm planning on maybe getting one of my boys neutered.
I have a simple question to ask (Maybe two)

After I got him neutered, can I put him in the same cage as his brother while he's healing?

Another question is: If I got both of them neutered, can I keep them in the same cage while they are healing?

Thanks(:

ANSWER: Hi Terika,
Yes, male rats can be together after being neutered. Why do you plan to get them neutered?
Deb

QUESTION: I'm only planning on probably neutering one, the reason is that he is getting aggressive..

ANSWER: Ah, that is a good reason to neuter. If he is really aggressive, you might need to keep him separate for a while until his aggression lessens.
Deb

QUESTION: He's not aggressive towards his brother in any way. He's only aggressive to humans. Would I still need to separate them?

Answer
Usually, when a rat is aggressive enough to be neutered, he is aggressive toward other rats mostly, and maybe toward people.

In what way is he aggressive toward people?  Does he bite and draw blood? Exactly what are the circumstances where he is aggressive?
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun