Pet Rats/sneezing

Question
We just brought home baby rats from a breeder, and two of them are sneezing. The breeder told me it was just adjustment stress. I'm wondering if all of them would need to be treated if one is sick. we have four. We are relatively new rat owners, and were not told by the breeder to keep them separated for a while. Getting them from a breeder I assumed they would be healthy. The one baby's sneezes are wet I felt it on my face. Now I'm worried sick.

Answer
First, I would be cautious with a "breeder" telling you there is no need to quarantine any new rat you bring into your home. Secondly, I would agree that it takes several days for rats to get used to the sights, smells, and sounds of their new home and its not uncommon to have sneezy rats for a few days. Monitor them for a few days. If they seem otherwise healthy, are active and eating/drinking normally, I wouldn't worry too much.  

Pet Rats

Shawna Laufer